Friday, June 28, 2013

Dr Who saves the day

This is the Eileen version of today's post: Phil kissed me and then left for work with Peter. It's me...alone in the house. Wondering..when will she get up? Is it appropriate to let her sleep all day? Can I not tell Phil if she does. Can I sleep all day too? The answer was a crystal clear maybe. So I enjoyed my coffee, stalked facebook for a while completely dependent on the wisdom of those whose host children had been awake for 5 minutes for deep and meaningful advise. I showered, slipped into my wonder women underwear and prepared for the day. Yes they really do have wonder woman underwear. I purchased at Target just the other day. I prayed and I waited.
This is what I learned today:
1. She likes the same cereal as I do Special K red berry. She did not eat yogurt.
2  Apparently she likes to shop as much as I do.....we purchased....not a thing.
3. We both can go for long periods of time without speaking...we did
4. She would not eat ice cream
5. She will eat ravioli and almost spit it out while she watches P. scarf his food down like a maniac
6. I impressed her and well even myself a bit with the sit and stay hand signals for the bouvier (read giant hairy dog) Willem, then she totally cracked up when he would not listen to go outside. Disobedience apparently is a universal language.
7 Dr. Who translates really great! We laughed at the same things, jumped and screeched in harmony at the gross things. She even said with a hand sign she wasn't going to bed till the episode was over.
8. The jelly beans were all gone!

When we tucked her in tonite, she read her affirmation in Latvian and we read the English: Daniela you are light and love. Then she gave me a serious hug!
I understand more of how you can love someone you never knew. It reminds me that this is just a drop in the bucket of how God loves us.
Blessings and Love to all
Eileen Gentile

No comments:

Post a Comment